Thread: Chase Bank
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 07:45 AM

Default Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
I'd like to offer words of advice, or even share a similar story, however I find myself overwhelmed with jealousy over your bragging that you have that much money in the bank

Maybe I'm a little bit naive but to be succinct - I came from nothing, poverty and worked my ass off for decades, motivated and determined. I made many sacrifices. My Mom and Dad had nothing, in material wealth, but something in work ethic, values, ethics, religion and above all excellent genes. Mom lived to 102 and Dad to97.

I actually was in the top 10% of wage earners in the USA by hard work and sacrifices. Fortunately I was able to translate this to my granddaughter who will graduate in May 2011 from College with 3 - three - degrees. She will go on to law school with my assistance.

Unfortunately to my everlasting chagrin two of my grandsons haven't absorbed the lesson as yet and they are essentially laboring and lost.

I give to various charities. Don't know what happens but apparently my name gets spread around, by some unknown method, as a soft touch, and I receive an absolutely incredible number of E-mails and letters asking for donation and contributions on a daily basis - hundreds!

Sorry if I came across as braggadocio and pompous. Unintended. I was only speaking commonly as the real circumstances. Perhaps I didn't realize that others are less affluent and fortunate. I do apologize for the oversight, without offense.