Thread: Chase Bank
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 10:38 AM

Default Chase Bank

I'm shakin my head !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somewhere recently I either got an E-mail or read in the forum that someone was miffed at Chase Bank over policy.

Background:

I have been doing business since 1970 at this bank branch near my home. Chase now owns it. Previously it was Bank of New York and before that some other bank whose name I have forgotten. In any event 40 yrs.

I have a checking account for daily transactions *( Direct deposit ) and a checking account *( Preferred checking ) for "other". And I have a savings account as well as a Chase Master Card with overdraft protection.

The *( Preferred Checking ) is a set aside due to the demise of my spouse. And I am the Administrator of the account. This acount writes two check each year to pay school and property taxes.

Sidebar:

I opened a CD with Chase on a revolving 6 month basis. Due to Chases parsimonious rates I moved it to another Bank, Hudson City Savings.

In my most recent statement Chase charged me $12 for the month because my *( Prefered Checking account had less than $1,500 balance ) * I paid my property taxes depleting that account.

I asked the black representative if she could explain to me why my *( Preferred checking ) charged me while my *( Direct Deposit ) did not. She said the *( Preferred checking was obsolete and no longer available !!!!!! *( But they still employed the old rules ).

So on my preferred checking I had to maintain a $1,500 balance. NO interest was paid. Chase had my money but didn't pay me anything for it annually.

On my savings account I had to maintain a minimum of $300 to avoid charges .

Other bank officials came in and joined the conversation. There was some whispering among them.

I offered that my best options were to move my accounts to Hudson City Savings, or to close the *( preferred checking account).

The happy solution was that Chase decided to let me deposit $300 minimum into my *( My preferred account ) with the condition that I wouldn't write more than 4 checks. I write 2 check annually from that account to pay my property taxes.

The long and short of it is that I told Chase that they were similar to three card Monte steet gang.

Chase consolidated my accounts with an annuity, waived the $12 monthly fee and linked all of my accounts to my satisfaction.

I haven't yet taken a shower but it will occur soon.