View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 06:32 AM

Tyisha Miller mentioned in the above article:

Tyisha Miller was passed out in the driver's seat of her car late at night. A door window window was broken by an officer and she moved, as anyone would probably do.

She was filled full of lead by four Riverside police officers who claimed to fear for their safety.

As I remember, some family members called the police for some sort of assistance concerning the woman, not as a criminal complaint. They mentioned that she had a gun in the car.

Also as I remember, the officers claimed that the gun was in her lap.

Was it? The only ones who know for sure are the officers who killed her. I do know that lying to save one's skin isn't something new - and that "fearing for my safety" is a catch all cover for all sorts of police wrong doing. An apartment I occupied years ago was searched without a warrant by a Victorville city cop claiming to fear for his safety, yelling is there anyone here while looking in kitchen drawers and small cabinets. He dropped that pretense when he got to the bedroom.

I never met Tyisha Miller, nor had I heard of her before the incident - I have no idea of her character. However, I believe it was a horrible mistake by insecure, hair trigger officers who (monday morning judgment) went about the task in the wrong way.

The moral of the story? Don't call the police for help with a relative under any circumstance. The end result might not be pleasant.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.