View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
I was actually referring to size and ferocity. When he proposes his amnesty, there is going to be a backlash like Godzilla swinging his tail. Since last summer more people have lost their jobs, taxes have gone up, The public is already being forced to accept hatian criminal aliens and refugees. The public is in no mood to have amnesty imposed along with everything else.

Getting the water turned on is SO important, if I could do it, I would have gone to a protest for that myself.

I found our recently that there is a bill to overturn that Judge's decision by federal legislative action. It's bottled up in committee by none other than Nancy Pelosi.
I don't necessarily agree with you on the water issue. For one, the growers aren't growing food just for us, actually much is being shipped out of the country. We're eating produce grown south of us. The growers are contributing to the political purses of those who will give them more of those migrant work visas. And if we didn't have this huge invasion which will double in basically no time at all, we wouldn't be using up as much of that natural resource as we are using. When those in power begin to realize that we can not sustain the population these breeders will bring this state to, then maybe they will wake up to what they're encouraging.

We need to actually face the fact that humans can not do without water, and the population can only sustain itself when there is a sufficient supply. We all ready artificially move it from place to place, borrowing from Peter to pay Paul. But there come a time when there's no place to borrow from and you've overpopulated. The politicians did this with our finances, like a shell game they borrowed from one to pay another, hiding the fact of where the money came from. Until there were no more shells left to take from. That's what will happen with water, and is happening to some questionable degree today.

If you remember a few years back, they tried to put together that big Newhall land development between Valencia and Ventura county. Ventura County stopped it at the county line because the developers couldn't come up with the water supply needed for that many homes and businesses. LA County didn't seem to care. So the project was cut in half and last I heard is L A (Valencia) plans on continuing the project.

You see some, actually most, politicians and big business are like junkies who will destroy their one bodies until there's no other place to turn. I'm of the opinion that they need to be cut off cold turkey and go through withdrawals until they face the situation we are in and do what is needed before we have no choice in the matter at all.

Last edited by Jeanfromfillmore; 01-27-2010 at 01:24 PM.