View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 09:26 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in LA View Post
I tried the 12-20 million new gun owners in the poorest neighborhoods in America. I have to say it came off of my tongue smoothly and the call takers at Feinslime and Boxers office actually listened.

I think I'm reserving this argument for the Democrat's, because they're the ones who want gun control and less guns.
I'd say the republicans have villainized the democrats as being anti gun, the same way the democrats have villainized the republicans as being anti immigrant. I think the truth is though, that by the time you reach the stature and power of congressperson or senator, you fear an armed populace equally so, whether you are a democrat or a republican. That's one of the inherent seductions of power and priviledge. But relating to your strategy, I think that republicans being more law 'n' order oriented, might be as receptive to pause on the amnesty steam roller to address this unplanned problem. Rubio, for instance, is in Florida, a state with a lot of illegals, gun crimes, and an earlier history of foreign drug gangs fighting it out on the streets of large cities. Even a war mongering latino panderer like him remembers how bad the violence was back then, and might not want to revive those days again.
You just have to remind him, and other republicans that these people have been taught that the federal laws can be ignored. We've conditioned them to corruption. Now we're going to allow them to arm themselves legally, within our communities.