View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
I live in an extremely saturated area and have found some that may even have close family or friends that are illegal, yet they themselves don't entirely agree that they (the illegal friend or relative) should have come illegally or remain knowing they'd become illegal. Yet, they don't speak up because it would put them in the status of the "anti-illegal" group like us.
Right, Jean, this was my point earlier. Hispanics don't all speak with one voice, and the Republicans are starting to get wise to this, which is why they're not pandering as much to the voters who fall for the race card. And if the Democrats keep implying that all anti-illegal immigration voters are just racists, a lot of Hispanic voters are going to see that they're being played for fools and not vote Democratic in such overwhelming numbers this time. (Can you tell I really want Obama to lose?)

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 03-04-2012 at 02:40 PM.