View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 07:47 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
What drives me around the bend when having to deal with them is that, the tradition/culture of bargaining is so ingrained into their way of life, that they treat almost everything as negotiable and assume you're not telling them the entire truth, but instead are maneuvering for bargaining power.

It's a cultural thing and God, does it waste time when your trying to pay someone the courtesy of candor.
The culture of bargaining is amplified ten fold when the practitioner is actually a merchant by trade.

I could tell stories until midnight tomorrow, and still have new ones for next week. I can remember losing my temper over a trio of hashibab's who tagged teamed my one after the other. One would try, then the other, then the other, then two, and then all three, and then one, and then the other......until I told them to leave. But noooooo they didn't leave very long. A few minutes, and then came one, and then the other.....And upon the third, I actually left my chair, got right up in his face, and screamed...GET OUUUUUUUUTTTTT!!!!
God.....it's too late in the evening to dredge up this blood pressure elevating stuff