View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
She was told at that time by her credit union that the only way for her to cancel the payments is if she closed her bank account. She and her husband didn’t want to do that because they feared their bad credit rating would prevent them from opening another account
Open the other account first at the same institution, then give the rat bastards the boot by closing the account being debited.

AT&T tried to charge me for a long distance phone call on a number I closed out years before (someone else's phone number). After every bill I called customer service and got it straightened out, only to get another bill again next month. The last time I told them that if I got another bill I was taking them to court and I would win, even if it was only eight dollars. The bills ended.

More recently, I canceled my AT&T cell phone because I was fed up with their crap and mistakenly believed that I had canceled the wireless internet as well. Receiving another bill, I called and requested that the service be shut off. I was told it couldn't be done until the last payment was received along with the early termination "poison payment". I sent it all in.

Then I got another bill. And I didn't send them any more money - I had paid them off.

So they sold the "debt" to a collection agency which was very aggressive - they persistently called from different phone numbers with different area codes all day long for weeks - and I didn't answer any of them because I didn't recognize the numbers. I looked the numbers up and they all belonged to the same agency.

It must have cost them several times over what they thought I was going to roll over for in employee man hours alone, not to mention the connection charges.

I eventually paid twenty five bucks to my current carrier and got another phone number to get rid of their harassment.

It's at the third collection agency now, and I'm not going to send them any money either - I paid AT&T off and I'm not paying any more.

F$%@ 'em.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-16-2011 at 10:53 PM.