View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 05:16 PM

Don, says that America has definitely become more insane.

I'm not sure if Ayatollah is saying there is more or less insanity in our country now vs. 40 years ago. I'm getting the sense that Ayatollah is implying that the country was already fairly insane.

Whats striking me the most of both of your statements is your description of how plentiful the jobs were.

I concur on the job situation. A steady job these days is fairly golden and I am old enough to remember needing only a couple of weeks to get a job, even as a young person with little skills.

We're getting a lot of college graduated "interns" who are willing to work for free, and they don't need college credits because they've already graduated. I graduated in 1989 and believe me in those days the thought of doing an "internship" during college or after college unpaid would have seemed so ridicules it never would have crossed our minds.

Some people say we are more prosperous now than 40-60 years ago, in terms of cars and home ownership and stuff in our houses, but look at the divorce levels, and bankruptcy rates. Our countries population has also sky-rocketed, (mostly due to immigration).

I would still like to get a few more voices about the insanity level of our society and our government, whether it has increased and if so how much.

I think I should clarify my term insanity. The insanity I'm describing is all of the destructive policies and attitudes of our government and our people, the kind of actions that have little concern for the repercussions of actions and future impact on others and our society's future stability.

I see so little concern by our elites in government and business in fostering a stable society and a stable future for our country.

Last edited by Greg in LA; 01-23-2013 at 08:09 AM.