View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
Respectfully, what are you willing to do besides complain?

The 2014 elections needs to bring a majority to congress which can over ride presidential vetoes and put an end to the current abuse of the executive order privilege and 2016 a president who will put the California legislature, Jerry Brown, and Kamala Harris in their places concerning illegal migration and other other far left crap which finds itself being voted into state law in the dead of night with no legislative debate or public transparency.

Again, and respectfully, what are you going to do to personally bring this about?
Ilbegone:
You said quite a mouthful in that post, and I greatly respect your knowledge in this area. The part I quoted here is the part I have questions for you about. First of all, while what you say is correct, how would you bring this about when not only is the current political climate in California more liberal than ever, but it seems that for all of Obama's failings the Democratic party still has considerably more support than the Republicans nationwide, and the illegal immigration issue breaks down pretty much along party lines? Not 100%, but there are a lot more Republicans in Congress who feel as we do than there are Democrats. I think it was really unfortunate that Romney lost in 2012 because he was the only candidate who supported self-deportation for illegals who are already here, and look where that got him. Therefore we at least need to get a majority in congress in 2014, which means not only a Republican controlled House but Senate as well if we want to start getting things turned around. I doubt however that there will be 67 Republican senators elected in 2014, which is what it would take to override a Presidential veto

So my question to you is how do you suggest we go about this? You said we all need to do something, but what exactly? Do we try to change a lot of Democratic hearts and minds or do we need to get more Republicans to turn out and vote? This is what frustrates me so much, because I don't have an answer. I'd like to hear yours.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 10-06-2013 at 03:46 PM.