View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 08:14 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
Ok, you got me.

I have quite often expressed my belief that I tend to prejudge police officers as lying, sadistic, ego bloated jerks.

I didn't used to think so.

Once upon a time I believed that Rodney King brought all that beating on himself. However, during a subsequent bad period in my life, having had an unprovoked experience out of the blue by an officer who hadn't seen me for more than a second before he dispensed a "lesson", and now knowing the difference between understanding reality derived of presence versus the Alice in Wonderland creative fiction which comprises so many police reports and the manner in which they go about their work with "subjects", I now believe that most are

looking for someone to shit on.

But that was not the point of my tirade towards twoller. I've told him more than once if he and his buddies ever showed up on my porch with the blanket "hunt them down and throw them out" Spanish Inquisition approach to to the problem of illegal immigration, they would receive a certain lesson as to why they should be a little more circumspect.
Yes, we're all far from perfect in our pursuits here, but at least we're here, and we agree on enough to be here attempting something together.