View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 11:51 AM

I am turning 65 in a few days, and there you have it, I'll be on Medicare. My problem is Fillmore is so far from anything. The closest hospitals are anywhere from 10 miles (not a good one) to 40 miles for a good one. And then finding which insurer will accept which doctor or which hospital. Then I take one medication that no one wants to cover and finding which one of the pharmacies they cooperate with, because there's only one, Rite-aid, here in town.
So far I've had to have my doctor write a letter stating I need this specific medication, now I have to find an insurer who will accept the fact that I require it. Discounted it's $100 for a 30 day supply (I think the actual price is $200). Even discounted that's over my budget. Just imagine if I needed a second medication. I've been receiving it free from the pharmaceutical company for two years now, but they won't continue to do that after I turn 65.

My only choice is to try to stay healthy or just die.

Actually, when I have gone to the doctor, which is not that often, I usually know exactly what my problem is and what should be done or prescribed. The biggest problem is you need a doctor to write you a prescription, that way they get their fee for a visit. I don't have too much faith in many doctors diagnosis these days. They just make an educated guess, and then you're relying on their "education"; something not exactly great these days. Then you have to concern yourself with whether the new medication is going to make things worse.

I miss being young!!!!