View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
A friend manages apartments, and I have had a few discussions with her over the years concerning tenants of the various places she has managed.

The apartments which cater to welfare recipients are the most relatively lucrative. Manager hourly compensation (at least in her case) is nearly double due to the tremendous paperwork involved with welfare subsidized dwellings. She also gets an apartment herself free of charge as part of her compensation.

The latest job she has is similar to what I have related in the past concerning subsidized housing primarily occupied by illegals - They have stuff in their apartment and vehicles that she, the manager, can't afford. People who get government money are gone during traditionally normal working hours but are home in the evenings and on the weekend.

The latest place she is working she was blindsided by a government investigation of the former manager who embezzled, as I understand it had something to do with the difference between between the copay and the full government subsidy, juggling the figures, and falsification of documents. The scam might have gone on over a decade, and the former manager is going to prison.

Sorting through the jumbled, confusing maze of paperwork to requalify the tenants, it was found that the vast majority were illegal - some of whom have lived there for maybe thirty years. The social security cards and other identity documents of many were obviously false, wouldn't fool a kindergartner. A majority of the Social Security numbers were no match.

The reaction from the federal government concerning the illegal tenants was basically to ignore their status.

And they tell us they can't find illegals.
The central banks seem to profit by the actions of certain types of people able to get into office that favor this type of thing. The country can't afford it and it borrows from the central banks anyway.

The whole process seems engineered to me.

Sort of like even though they can print up what ever amount of money they want, they seem to get a kick out of politicians that support what they wanted done in the first place. The politicians spend our money, to get done what the central banks wanted done. It's all put on someone else's tab. Ours!