View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 07:41 AM

Free speech generally doesn't extend to employment, the workplace is not a democracy.

One thing is becoming clear to me. As much as I believe the majority of teachers do everything but teach while living in another galaxy, the more people I talk to who are involved in education the more I believe we have something like 1 1/2 to two generations who have never learned what the word "no" means, which means there is no respect for either one's self or others.

No respect for parents, for teachers, neighbors, nor you and I. No respect for authority of any kind.

The "I'm Mexican so give me Spanish" in one kid could be "My parents are going to sue" in another after having a cell phone confiscated for texting rather than paying attention.

I think I wore out a couple of paddles, but at least classroom authority meant something then - misbehavior had consequences. Such a thing is unthinkable now.

Think things are a mess now with unbelievable politics and all the rest? Maybe just wait a few years.

Sorry about the negativity, but I'm just connecting dots I didn't see before between tagging and other vandalism, general current juvenile misbehavior, many of the something for nothing "occupy" crowd, and the general failure of education. Society is falling apart.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 02-19-2012 at 07:50 AM.