View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 02:57 AM

I don't doubt what you say is right. Since the wall fell, I don't have a handle on what kind of government Russia has since then at all. The only thing I remember was them starting to occupy a country that we wouldn't help.

Let me try to restate it this way:

Quote:
Give him credit where credit is due, an Indonesian citizen did more damage to our Republic in one year that would awe the former communist Russian Government which they could not do to us in a lifetime.

I would imagine him receiving congradulatory calls from anti-capitalist heads of state all over the world.
I don't know if I mentioned this but I have one fundamental transformation of America problem with this at the top of my list. For the last 230 aught years we have had laws that state what we may not do, now we have set a precedent to pass a law that tells us what we must do - a very different point of view and one that I hope won't take another 230 years to correct as it perverses through all three branches of government.

I've yet had anyone in person explain to me that we are no longer land of the free and home of the brave because of this. Surprisingly everyone is shocked at the question and didn't see past the word 'Free" as in "Free Beer'.

I did have someone tell me on another site that we are more free today than we were yesterday. I could only advise him not to become wealthy as he would become a legal enemy of the state and ripe for the taking. Unless of course the government takes over your industry and says your exempt if you do what they tell you. Then you are insulated like the HMO's and you can pee on anyone you like.

The scary part is that was the highest on the intelligence scale I could get for an opposing view. To repeat the rest would only inflame everyone.