View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
There isn't very much on the Internet about Villarreal's family. His father was a night club and bar owner. Found one header saying the father murdered the family but no details. Also says he grew up in a middle income family. The media isn't reporting on the family.

Just look at his name. He is Mexican American born in Laredo, a border town. Certainly his family all spoke Spanish at home.

For my trouble while surfing and opening various websites about Villarreal my computer was attacked and the attack was stopped by my anti-virus. Said it was a high priority, serious attack !
My computer was attacked as well.

The name doesn't mean anything about what language he spoke at home or the national origin of his parents. I know a person from New Mexico whose family has been here since the Spaniards founded Santa Fe in the 1600s. He looks like an Indian, his brother is white looking and has blond hair and blue eyes. The style of Spanish they speak with their elderly mother long predates the Mexican Spanish brought here in relatively recent times.

The account says he played football and became bilingual. Growing up in a middle class family in a middle class suburb and attending an English speaking high school, the wording suggests that he learned Spanish. Besides, I believe pandering media would have a lot out of his middle class parents if they originated out of Mexican poverty.

How did I learn what Spanish I know? Some of it in school and the rest by being around Spanish speakers.

As far as the father murdering the family, I believe that would be another story bundled with the search item "Edgar Valdez" + "family" result. He is described as coming from a nice family by an ex federal agent, his mother spoke with ABC last May, and the sensationalism of familicide combined with a notorious gangster would have been too much for the media to resist. Perhaps for once the media is leaving innocent relatives alone.

Quote:
Why is this so important!? Barbie is a scum bag no matter what his back ground is!
Some people incessantly wash their hands. During the fifties, some people saw a communist under every rock.

Was Al Capone an "anchor baby" and did he speak Italian? It doesn't matter in the scope of how he made his mark on history.

This is the short explanation of Valdez and Capone in their respective times:

Quote:
Beautiful women want to be with him, and back in Texas, kids say they want to be like him. "Guys like money," said one male high school student who had heard stories about Valdez-Villareal. "They get fame, they get girls, they get houses. They get everything they want."...
Oldest story in the world concerning ambition.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 09-02-2010 at 08:27 AM.