View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
If you believe in equality for all races then you must really be furious that the local head of the NAACP can threaten white people with destruction of their livelihoods for openly exercising free speech rights that are routinely exercised by Blacks and Hispanics, in advancing Black and Hispanic racial interests.

I'm certainly glad you believe that no race should be subject to another and that whites should not be subject to Black veto power in the exercise of their free speech rights.
Well, twice now you accuse the NAACP of threatening people, but you have not cited anything like evidence that this is occuring. I don't think you even really believe that the NAACP actually threatened anyone, you are just posing the NAACP as threatening those who attended the Klan artificially -- and I think I am being generous when I say "artificially".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
... Here's what the local paper said:

"He [Mayor Jacobs] said City Hall received more than 1,000 calls from as far as California asking for information about the rally. “Some wanted to be part of it,” he said.

Gary Moore, chairman of the Appling County NAACP, said he thought more local Klan supporters would have attended, except it would damage their position in their communities.

“You’ve got a lot of closet people — businesspeople, doctors, lawyers, judges — that aren’t going to jeopardize their livelihoods,” he said."

Straight from the horse's mouth: If white people exercise their free speech rights, the NAACP will go after their "livelihoods." Can you imagine the outcry if whites threatened to "jeopardize" the "livelihoods" of Blacks and Mexicans for exercising 1st Amendment rights? In the Racial Caste System of modern America, whites are on the bottom and blacks and Mexicans do not hesitate to brag about their privileged, protected status as the nation's most favored races who have veto power over lowly, "inbred, rednecked" whites.

In making my estimate, which is admittedly speculative, I relied in part on the statements of the chairman of the NAACP, who refers to "closet" racists in business, the professions and even the judiciary .According to the chairman of the NAACP, the area is loaded with "closet" white racists who keep their mouths shut because they know what's good for them.
You are completely misquoting Gary Moore, who was suggesting fear of embarrassment, not violence.

The idea that the NAACP might be capable of threatening attendees of a Klan meeting is pretty weak. More like the other way around isn't it? Especially with the record of the KKK. But if we were to reflect on your accusation, we might imagine that it was actually inciting attendees to a similar artificial defensive pose, falsely assuming that the NAACP might actually weild some kind of aggression against them. It might even suggest something preemptive against the NAACP as a "defensive" measure. But I won't presume to actually make such an accusation on a few posts here, even though such posturing is not uncommon among terrorists and their sympathizers.