Thread: What was it ?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 06:04 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
I have donate to the RNC - GOP.Com.

In days I received mail from them asking for more.

In a few more days I received more mail enclosing donation slips asking for $100 each month for 3 months.

Before there would even be time to answer by mail I began receiving phone calls with the caller ID 000-000-0000 ??????? Some I wouldn't answer. The call waiting was listed on my phone but no voice mail. This went on for 3 days, 3 calls a day, morning, afternoon evening. I answered and it sounded like some auto dial system, Finally a female voice came on. She said she was from the RNC and asked if I would donate then the phone went dead. I got an immediate call back from a male. He asked for $250, I said OK, and then he wanted my credit card number. He was brusk, in a hurry and not all that cheerful. I said: At this very moment I'm not able to reach my credit cards. That sort of ended the conversation.

I went on the RNC website and got GOP.com. No phone number listed. So I called directory assistance. Phoned three times and never got a live person to answer, only voice mail.

Then I phoned my telephone provider. He chuckled and said: I don't think it's a very good idea to give out credit card numbers. Said it sounded like a scam. He has all of my phone records and found the 000-000-0000 calls but couldn't trace them to anyone. Explained the circumstances of those 000 numbers which could include calls from outside the USA. He asked if I wanted to start an action and I said, no, lets see if they call again.

I don't know what it was, legit or illegit. Couldn't verify.

I contacted the National Do Not Call center and re-registered.

I know the Republicans have a very aggressive fund raising campaign but in all my years I have never seen one so intense and persistent.
GOP.com is registered to the RNC.