View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 08:32 PM
SOS Associate

Default The Great Seal Of California

Today I went to the Secretary of State's office; Her actual office. I've never been up that high in that building before. She has a nice office with a little curio cabinet of trinkets and awards, and one of them refers to her as "the General". Don't know what that's about, but there a few other neat things, and I was on official Save Our State business, so I didn't ask about the other trivial stuff.
We served a public records request upon her office a few weeks ago, and I hadn't heard a thing about that, so we paid a personal visit. While a nice lady went to gather our requested docs, I snapped a picture of the contraption that makes the great seal of the state on various documents. Since I was alone, I placed a copy of our documents request on the maching and cranked her down. It left a nice imprint in the paper, but it wouldn't actually copy in the scanner, so I can't show you anything but the machine itself.

I'd like to know the back story on the machine itself, because it looks kinda medieval.

The real order of business turned out to be a bigger eye opener, and it was no small wonder why I had trouble tracking down just who was responsible for the material requested , and who has possession of them now. I guess the secretary of state herself is the caretaker of those, and I encountered some resistance to my request. I verbally sparred with the nice lady who works for the Secretary, but ended up getting the military runaround.
We'll be back there real soon, but in the meantime we'll also be making a personal visit to the Lt. Governor's office, the Attorney General's office, and the state controller's office.

I'll be bringing everyone up to speed on this next week, both on this forum, and on a special episode of SOS RADIO!

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 07-25-2012 at 08:35 PM.