View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 09:13 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Flag Republican View Post
I want to write to this woman. She deserves to have people show support for her through her time in jail. Even if she HAD pulled the trigger, which was never alleged, she would have been in the right.

This is an invasion.
You don't win a war by lying down and being loving.
We don't have a declared war, so this is still just your average crime. Well; maybe unaverage crime. Orchestrating a home invasion, or just participating in one is still a crime, and that your sloppy, careless planning resulted in the death of a kid is not really something that can be supported because your overall goal was just. I condemned the assault at WACO by ATF much on the same grounds, as did I in a case in Modesto where a 12 year old was shot to death accidently during a raid by narcotics officers with assault teams. A smart and considerate planner would have timed their assaults so as to protect the innocent. In Modesto, the cops were watching the house for months, and should have busted the place after sending free tickets to a movie for 12 and under to that address good on that night only. Yes; that's a simplistic suggestion for me to make from afar, but these are supposed to be educated, intelligent, evidence gathering agents, so I'm quite convinced that they could have orchestrated something better than "hey diddle diddle, straight up the middle", on the night of the raid. That goes double for Janet Reno's crew.
Shawna Ford was an idiot though. Maybe she had some altruistic goals, but who of us does not when it comes to protecting our country? What she had in spirit, she lacked ten fold in training, support, intelligence, and of course, authorization. Without that last one, you are just a rogue mercenary if you cling to the claim of freedom fighter, and a murderous criminal if your goals are anything else. I shudder to think of what passed for planning in this event. A pair of binoculars and word of mouth probably, and when you examine the quality of her peers in that caper, there's no wonder that the raid turned out so horribly. It's hard to justify by using any measure. We certainly cannot accept one death of an innocent 12 year old per each drug dealer or even two, as reasonably necessary to stop crime. We'd be condemned by every other country with the exception of a few.
I'd have had a lot more respect for what she did if she had first either declared war on this family, or at least garnered support for her effort within the larger audience of people within the movement. What real good comes from one or more roving bands of self declared freedom fighters if they are directed solely by their own desires? Sure we want the border secured, crime stopped, our country protected. But we need to do so using popular sentiment. We're not going to gain that using people like her, employing tactics like hers.