View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Here's an opportunity to discusss the candidacy of Chelene Nightingale. What are her actual platforms? Are any of them actually achievable? Who would she appoint to her cabinet? Can she put troops on the border? Can she be trusted with the keys to the executive office? Can a person with no experience even be considered for a job like this? Can any governor really stand up to the feds?
Based on her interactions with many of us it is my opinion that she cannot get along with others well enough to fill the requirements for a gubernatorial position. On the surface it appears that she has great people skills. She is able to network remarkably well. The reality of her situation is that she has such dismal people skills that she invariably offends and alienates large groups of people who constituted her base of support.

Yes a governor can stand up to the Feds. To a small degree Jan Brewer is doing so but not to the extent that I think she should. One of my friends who is very well versed in history recently shared with me that in the distant past Arizona had its military face off with the Fed's army over water rights issues.

Chelene quotes tenth amendment States Rights as law upon which she can base some actions she might take as governor.

Other than her support for SB1070 I do not know what she would actually do.
She may not even know what she would do.

Even her videos are curiously devoid of any substantive information regarding what she would do. Its all cheer leader stuff.

Some people without prior experience might make great governors but I do not believe Chelene to be in that category.

She would create in a short time, a disaster of huge proportions due to her paranoia and tyrannical ways.

Putting California troops on the border, directing police to check for immigration status and such I believe are allowed by the California Constitution ( I may be wrong), getting that done politically in California where the democratic Party is king however is probably impossible without some serious power.

What would Chelene do as Governor? The same she has done with SOS and a number of us...create a mess.