View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 11:17 AM
SOS Associate

Default Joe Turner Shows True motives

This is a PERSONAL opinion. At this time, we, the non-profit corporation Save Our State, has not developed our official position and/or response.

The old URL for Save Our State, www.SaveOurState.org/ , is being used again in a commercial enterprise. I believe Joe is developing the old URL as a business, so he can capitalize on the history of the name, the time it's been in use, and possibly old goodwill in the mailing list and other benefits that accompany an existing url.

The possible infringement on our corporate name aside, everyone should take a look at motive and history here. Although Joe Turner gained a lot of publicity during his reign at SOS, his impact on the actual problem was really minimal. Furthermore, a great deal of the publicity he was able to capture came from the hard work and dedication of members like us. In addition, if you examine the time that Joe Turner actually dedicated to the illegal immigration issue, you'll find it was far from dedication. He started in 2004, and left the helm of SOS around 2006 to run for office. After he quietly tried to just abandon us and the corporation in 2008, he largely went quiet about illegal immigration. After he was hired by the County of San Bernardino, he has kept his mouth shut and his head down. Now he seeks to capitalize on the laurels of our work for profit.

Again, this is a personal opinion. I don't pull punches when I believe I, or we, have been used and sold out for the benefit of some single person. A lot of us have risked life and liberty in the this immigration effort, and when I see people profiting, or trying to from it, I get really angry. It is precisely the same behavior we find in so very many of the politicians we so revile in the state house and the federal government. They say what we want to hear, but their later actions show their true motives.

I'm not going to get into the possible legal issues that I believe are being raised with him keeping and using the old URL at this time, as that is something we'll take up in a board meeting and with legal counsel. I'm just pointing at the nature of this person when you look at facts instead of what you'd like to believe