View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 09:09 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
.According to the chairman of the NAACP, the area is loaded with "closet" white racists who keep their mouths shut because they know what's good for them.
Sounds more like they're not too proud of what they are doing. I'd say this is an indication that those who support the KKK, are doing so for personal reasons as opposed to doing it for their country. I'm certainly not going to deny the existance of racists, or that they want a voice of some sort in the immigration debate. They are supposedly Americans, so they are entitled to representation, however this is not the venue to do it. Contact their reps, hold whatever rallies/events they want. But I hope you understand that we cannot become a conveyance instrument for it. It's against our grain, our charter, and as you can tell, not at all a popular sentiment among this crowd. A little discussion is not forbidden, but please try and respect our wishes as to the platform here. I don't know that you're a bad person or anything, and I would like to convince you that a racially themed manner is not a winning strategy in the immigration arena, as it drives good people away from action. I am not entirely white, and I have intermarried, so why would this be a good thing for me? Similar to Pocho, I don't want to see the mob mentality jump started anytime soon, because I'll have to spend more time watching over my wife and kids, as well as defend myself more often. Further, I have to fend off allegations of racial motives during my activism more often because that gets more publicity than the real issues that are at the root of illegal immigration and escalating immigration numbers. The racial issues in the immigration debate are a smokescreen, and I don't think we need more help keeping that smoke in our faces