View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 09:59 AM

There are some sayings which leave no doubt as to the meaning, such as

"He'd rather hear a fat boy fart than a pretty girl sing"

"That woman is meaner than cat shit"

or, "That statement has all the sincerity of a politician's thank you letter".

My Congressman is Raul Ruiz. He says he is an emergency room physician, from his gleaming website picture he appears to be a relatively young man. He's also a Democrat and I have little doubt that he's been indoctrinated into brown ethnic nationalism.

I finally told him the full extent of what I expected from him (without mincing any words) concerning illegal immigration and send me an answer which directly addressed my stated concerns rather than that same say nothing, meaningless "thank you letter" he's already sent me several times in response.

In all the times I've contacted him since, there has been no reply. I suspect his staff deletes my email on arrival without reading the content.

Whether or not I can get through to him, I believe over the phone I gave one of his aides a genuine pause for thought that all those sewage flooded, electrical shock hazard, dilapidated, submarine depth substandard trailer parks where illegal farm workers live in his district are directly caused by something that bedeviled Cesar Chavez his whole labor activist life - a large labor pool illegally arrived from Mexico which agribusiness invariably hired to break his strikes for better pay and working conditions. And, that Chavez indeed reluctantly called the Border Patrol on illegal strike breakers, but the Border patrol did nothing more than laugh at and mock him.

The kid did seem genuinely affected by what I said, but it may have been an act. It is a fact that farm employers beat down wages by the desperation of a large labor pool who will individually work for cheaper than the next, and the open borders, "make 'em all citizens" crowd are directly responsible for all that poverty.

Quote:
July 10, 2013
Press Release

WASHINGTON, DC – Today Dr. Raul Ruiz (D-Palm Desert) released the following statement after meeting with President Obama and fellow members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus at the White House to discuss immigration reform:

“Passing comprehensive immigration reform now is critical for the 36th District and our nation. In our meeting with President Obama today, we discussed how we can build on the bipartisan work of the Senate and pass comprehensive immigration reform legislation in the House that includes an earned path to citizenship, secures our borders, promotes fairness, protects our workers and businesses, and helps strengthen our economy, especially our local agriculture and tourism economies in the 36th District. It’s time for Congress to put partisanship aside and work together toward solutions to reform our broken immigration system and pass a meaningful comprehensive immigration bill now.”
Quote:
U.S. Representative Raul Ruiz, M.D., grew up in the community of Coachella, California, where both of his parents were farmworkers.

http://ruiz.house.gov/about/full-biography
Quote:
Raul Ruiz appears to have had a problem with Thanksgiving in America, having climbed atop Plymouth Rock and, according to the Harvard Crimson in 1998, having exclaimed that “(Thanksgiving) is the glorification of an incident in history which has a direct link to the… poverty and oppression which we experience today.” http://www.voxxi.com/raul-ruiz-democrat-36-district/
Quote:
In 1997, while attending Harvard as a medical student, Ruiz participated in an annual Thanksgiving protest in Plymouth, Massachusetts. Ruiz was arrested after police attempted to disperse the protest, though he has claimed he was only arrested for defending an elderly Native American man from police.[11] Ruiz pleaded not guilty to charges of disorderly conduct and tumultuous behavior, which were eventually dropped.[12]

Two years later, in 1999, Ruiz took part in another Thanksgiving protest at which he read a letter of support for Leonard Peltier, who was convicted and sentenced to two consecutive terms of life imprisonment for first degree murder in the shooting of two Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) special agents during a 1975 conflict on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. The incident was used by Mary Bono Mack, Ruiz's 2012 congressional opponent, in her campaign against him. The Ruiz campaign denied that Ruiz supports Peltier.[12] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raul_Ruiz_%28politician%29
His main office is in Palm Springs. Briefly searching I find no mention of a woman in his life or of any children.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 08-02-2013 at 08:01 AM.