View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
They hold ALL the cards, the race card, the religion card. They have the deck. We don't have so much as a joker.
The one card that might be an example is the credit card, how everyone with credit and all transactions are followed>

An interesting opinion on the subject in the LA Daily News:

Quote:
Discover can track names

After the attempt to blow up an airplane while in flight, there were reportedly more than 500,000 names on the no-fly list and it was too large to manage. So that left me wondering how my Discover card can track my spending and issue an almost instantaneous alert when my spending pattern was different and unusual, and was then able to even cancel my card to protect me when I couldn't respond immediately to their calls to question the purchase pattern?

If government computers and operators can't handle 500,000 people, because the list is too large, but Discover card can handle tens of millions and all their transactions, I guess we should turn over the no-fly list to Discover card. I for one would feel much safer with national security handled by Discover than I do with it in the hands of the current administration. An administration that after the latest attempt said the system worked.

- BARRY LEVY

Hawthorne
This opinion by Barry Levy as a letter to the editor does not indicate agreement or affiliation with any organization or cause.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.