View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 03:13 AM

Default Prelude;

Yes I did hear that there were wounded survivors. But the media, typically in the rush to out do and report, also produced other erroneous information. Often they are running on speculation, fragments and sometimes just plain false stuff.

But backing up:

I received an E-mail from a friend to the effect that there was a report that the shooters Mother was actually a CIA operative. She did own an AR15 as well as at least two Glock 9's. The Glock's have a horrendous capability to spew out jaw dropping volumes of rounds. There are astonishing videos on U Tube. It isn't unusual for women to own guns and both hunt and shoot at the range but to own an AR15 as well as two Glock 9''s ???? Normally the ladies seem to prefer a Smith and Wesson PINK six shooter revolver. It seems the Mother was an enthusiastic practitioner at the gun ranges. It isn't difficult to figure out where the shooter acquired his shooting skills as well as his weapons.

I own lots of guns. I keep then in a locked gun locker. Same for my son. How did the shooter acquire his Mom's guns ?

I hear that the shootings occurred primarily in TWO class rooms. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel. The ultra high volumes of fire and multiple wounds could account for the high mortality as opposed to possible other circumstances in the other shootings.

As to the AR15 coming in .223 caliber and being "marginal for coyotes, the latest issue of the NRA American Hunter Magazine contains an article by an avid coyote hunter who evaluated 9 calibers for the firearm. The AR15 actually has been manufactured to shoot many calibers ranging from .17 to .25. The .17 is particularly lethal because it has a projectile of 4,00o fps in 30 grain bullets. All of the calibers are good coyote rounds. Some better than others.

The article goes on to say that the .17 caliber leaves a very small entrance wound channel and that it usually does not come out the other side. That means the energy dump is all inside. For fur gatherers that is attractive because it doesn't cause much pelt damage. There is the matter of 'hydraulic shock" too. U Tube videos of shooting a water melon vividly demonstrate the explosive results. So the internal damage to a live target would essentially turn the insides into mush. The article says coyotes drop like a rock in their tracks with some calibers. However, some other calibers like the .222 have resulted in the coyotes limping off and being lost. So the criteria is first caliber and the grains of bullet weight and velocity. Further, according to the author, fast follow up shots are also a plus. So shooting the kids would be like spraying them with a garden hose.

Wayne La Pierre advocated armed guards in every school. I agree entirely just like I promoted the arming of airline pilots and sky marshal's. Sadly the liberals and gun opponents remain deaf dumb and stupid about protecting the schools. Those schools are sitting ducks and the would be shooters know it. Some deterrent will give pause for thought. There are lots of other ways to improve security, locked doors, bars on windows, controlled access. Look at what it takes now to board an airplane. But why rail, rant and rave. The gun controllers are too stupid to comprehend.

* What about the Nickel Mines Amish school shooting in Pennsylvania. The shooter killed 5 in a one room school and wounded 4. He used a Springfield XD 9mm subcompact hand gun. Not much of a weapon for mass killing.

Last edited by wetibbe; 12-23-2012 at 03:23 AM.