View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 03:37 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Chelene's usually pretty photogenic. Besides, she'll get a lot more opportunities in front of the camera after she wins the gubernatorial election tomorrow.

------------

NIGHTINGALE HISTORIAN NEEDED

OK, I heard an interview of Chelene on Public Radio and this portion of an answer she gave stuck out - at least to me.

The reason it caught my attention was I have had two separate conversations in the past couple months, with two separate SoCal activists well known to most of us, in two separate counties at different events.

Both people said the same thing to me. Specifically, they were convinced Chelene would change her position on illegal immigration in a second if she thought it would benefit her in some fashion.

For my part, I can't recall ever hearing Chelene flip-flop or "wander" on the issue. However, Chelene and I were never close friends and never spoke at length. Therefore, I don't know if this portion of a meandering answer she gave to an inquiry on radio, is actually inconsistent with anything she's ever said previously.

If someone knows if this differs from what she's said in the past, please chime in.

I also do support, just so you know, an agricultural work program, I think that's a must and those families should be staying here. Um, but, y'know, this, this issue is complicated because we've allowed the government to open up the doors basically. I, I don't see where, I, I just want to make this clear too, I don't support deportation at all. I think that's very inhumane.