View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
With all segments of society there is unacceptable behavior, and some of it condoned by some that are in those in those segments, but to paint with such a wide brush and then use a disclaimer doesn't set right with me. We have members of this organization who are Black as we also have members who are Hispanic. Being respectful has nothing to do with being politically correct. Political correctness is about not being able to say the truth, and the truth being facts not opinion. If you have feelings and emotions that are involved they may feel like facts to you, but not to everyone. Consider what you bring forward when judging, and keep in mind that Blacks are American citizens and as such they are our responsibility whether their actions are right or wrong.
Well stated.

Quote:
Being respectful has nothing to do with being politically correct. Political correctness is about not being able to say the truth, and the truth being facts not opinion.
Excellent definition.

Larry Meeks is a well reasoned black columnist who's commentary often concerns interracial conflict of all sorts, of lot of which can also apply to white and the various notions as to what Hispanic is.

I placed his Christmas Wish here because I consider him to be wise and I respect his opinions. If I recall right, the Christmas Wish is requested every year by a large number of his followers.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 12-27-2009 at 06:58 AM.