View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
In the mid-90's we had to fund the "Mexican bail out." Twenty billion dollars, I think. The line was that if we didn't bail out Mexico and pay their debts to Wall Street bankers, the whole world economy would come to an end and civilization would collapse, blah, blah, blah. Newt Gingrich helped push it through the House, Trent Lott helped in the Senate, and Bill Clinton signed the bill.

Rank and file Americans are hanging on by their fingernails, but our rulers always seem to find billions of dollars to bail out Wall Street bankers and third world tycoons. And don't forget earthquake victims in Haiti.
I'd have to look it up for the particulars, but that was Zedillo and yet another Peso crisis replay somewhat like the one which sent millions of Mexicans illegally into America when Lopez Portillo had to devalue the Peso in the early 80's.

Pemex is mostly scrap iron by now, and my guess is that most of the money will be embezzled or otherwise looted.

I believe it was Zedillo who boasted that Mexico was "reclaiming" the territorial claim forfeited to America in 1848 with every Mexican who comes here now.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.