View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 10:06 AM

Thanks for informing me about this Ilbegone and Jean.

My experience with Hispanics are rather limited. My Brother in law is from Ecuador (now divorced from my Sister). He looks very Indian, sides with the illegals in general, and once got somewhat upset when I was talking about the subject of illegal aliens, but I can't say he has ever really associated with any Mexicans. In fact the only time I saw him around them he seemed fairly annoyed. My Sister said that he feels that they look at him and only want him money.

My Cuban friend in Chicago owns a house in Florida, but not in Miami. She told me she doesn't like to be totally surrounded by Cubans, so she stays away from Miami. Her husband is from Honduras, he associates with a lot of Hondurans and Cubans. Racially he is all White. No Indian in him.

A long time ago I asked my friend if there were Indians in Cuba, she said no, they were all killed a long ago.

I guess I am pointing out that Americans kind of think "Hispanic" describes everybody south of the Continental USA, and that everyone South of our border is united ethnically. As I have noticed and you have pointed out this is not true.

This situation reminds me of how Americans are somewhat naive and open minded towards foreigners, but the Immigrants don't always share our open-minded attitudes.