View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 05:30 AM

Default Agreed.

Agreed that it does not matter statistically that Latinos outnumber Caucasians in the near term taking into account that most Latinos are illegal alien Campesinos semi literate with at best a 6th grade education and some that are illiterate and cannot count numbers.

However, in the long term it will matter and I am speaking in decades when the voting bloc kicks in and rules the roost. *( Like South Africa ).

As to the history of Europe from the 16th Century, I am very well equipped with a plethora of history and data. It's really too extensive to post here but basically:

* My family's history originated in Bentheim which you probably never heard of. It was a Principality of Royals in an area situated between the Netherlands and Prussia *( Modern day Germany ). Land was all used up. Farms were inherited by the oldest Son and the siblings had to acquiesce and work for the dominant member.

Religious persecution was rampant by the dominant "King of England". So the split occurred between Catholics and Protestants. The King James version was manufactured and edited heavily by Shakespeare. Then there was the 1599 Geneva Bible, The bible of the Reformers and the Pilgrims. *( I have both ).

My Grandfather emigrated from the Netherlands back in the 1850's 60's to Michigan. He and his 4 brothers built the Dutch reformed Church in Moddersville, Michigan. They came for land and freedom from religious persecution.

After an arduous sea journey of 2 months they landed in New York Harbor, took a boat north on the Hudson River, then across the Erie Canal to Niagara Falls, Lake Erie the by boat to across the Great Lakes. Finally landing in Michigan in a remote area with no town's, no noting, just primitive wilderness. They set up tents initially then built log cabins. Hiked for miles to developments to find provisions. There were not any native Americans there then. Their main resource and income was cutting timber, which was very abundant, and selling it. *( In Europe many timber resources were already cut and in shorty supply due to building so many vast numbers of sailing vessels ).

Note that I have an abundance of this history including many letters written back and forth to relatives here and there about all of this.

My family was traced back to Bentheim, now in Germany, to a church in Lars where both marriage records exist back to early 1800's. But projecting back the ancestors date to the 11th Century and the holy Roman Empire.

Where are we going with all of this? Into the next Century. We should enjoy our best years now. They won't last.