View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 09:59 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Glenn Spencer's American patrol website is seemingly endorsing Nightengale.

This surprises me because of the unanimously negative comments from people who know her and I can't find much on line to suggest any measure of exceptionalism about this person.

http://www.americanpatrol.com/

It shouldn't. She's the only conservative in the race. Further, the things Chelene does that will alienate people (A. speak uneducated nonsense B. start attacking people) will only drive them off if they have been attacked by her or know someone who has, and/or disagree with the uneducated nonsense.

There are a lot of folks who will stick by her because of the immigration stands and the water issue ... and Chelene knows it. She's run about as good a campaign as one can when given practically no financial support. And she's had a lot of help by the wholesale abandonment of conservative issues by the two main candidates.

--------------

Speaking of Nightingale ...

So, I'm jumping on the I-15 in Oak Hill, after having grabbed a bite to eat on the way back from Robin and Ray's shindig in Victorville yesterday, when ...

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqfxXcpQfAo

Not only that, but when I picked up a copy of the San Bernardino Sun to read along with my late lunch, Chelene's smiling face was beaming back at me (front page). The paper included two (not one) articles about her. The following is the more interesting one.

I'm telling you, say what you like about her, but don't accuse her of not having run her heart out for these useless American Independent Party folks. Considering the effort and exposure she's given them, 17K in campaign funds is a travesty. The Libertarian Party is a much better nationally established and recognized name than The Constitution Party, however, I have seen a fraction of the coverage for their gubernatorial candidate in comparison to Chelene. Whatever new enemies she makes, they can't be upset about her for tanking it. Fair is fair. Chelene has charged like a quarter horse.

Nightingale offers third choice

James Rufus Koren, Staff Writer
Posted: 10/22/2010 03:03:40 PM PDT

Chelene Nightingale, the American Independent candidate running for governor, says the voters she's met around the state are "sick of voting for the lesser of two evils" - that is, choosing between imperfect Democratic and Republican candidates.
"People are looking for something different," she said this week.

Compared to Democratic candidate Jerry Brown and Republican Meg Whitman, Nightingale is certainly that.

Brown is a California native and the son of a former governor. Nightingale is the daughter of an Air Force family and bounced around the country as a child.

Whitman is a billionaire and the former CEO of eBay. Nightingale has worked as a model and actress and now co-owns a small heating and air-conditioning business.

But like Whitman, Nightingale is a relative newcomer to the world of politics - she said she first became political active in 2005, after her first child was born.

"Once you have a child, it changes your whole life," she said. "I realized I need to so something for the future of my children."

Since then, she has organized rallies seeking the end of the Federal Reserve, ran a 2006 gubernatorial campaign - for Libertarian candidate Art Olivier - and become a standard-bearer for the Constitution Party, a national party affiliated with the American Independent Party in California.

"None of this has ever been planned out," Nightingale said, adding that she was initially reluctant when Constitution Party leaders asked her to run for governor.
Nightingale grew up in a Republican home and was a Republican herself nearly until she started her gubernatorial campaign. But she said she's long been a fan of third-party politics.

"We had (former President Bill) Clinton in office, then (former President George W.) Bush - and what was the difference?" Nightingale said. "The established parties have been lying to us."

Compared to this year's major candidates, Nightingale certainly has more in common with Whitman than with Brown, but Nightingale and her supporters point out a few key differences.

Chief among them is that Nightingale supports Proposition 23, the ballot measure that would indefinitely postpone Assembly Bill 32, a landmark set of clean-air regulations that Prop. 23 supporters say will stifle business. Whitman says she supports delaying A.B. 32 by a year, not indefinitely.

"I believe A.B. 32 is based on global warming junk science," Nightingale said, adding that she would support eliminating A.B. 32, not just postponing it as called for by Prop. 23.

Read more: http://www.sbsun.com/ci_16409110#ixzz13IiB7A8f

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 10-24-2010 at 10:16 AM.