View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 05:37 AM

Greg,

There is a lady out in Palm Springs who was part of an effort to watch for voting fraud in the election.

She had asked me if I would volunteer to take some training and be an election observer, I couldn't commit because I never know when or where I might be working. I voted by mail in ballot.

Her web address at the time was (edited in, I got the email address wrong in this post - the right one is ellen@electionintegrityproject.com ). She might have some helpful advice.

In retrospect I should have posted about all that here back then, but it didn't occur to me then.

About voter registration: over the years I have registered as an independent in four different counties (not at the same time, of course). I have found myself switched to Democrat or Republican on several different occasions. I'm not sure if that has to do within the county offices or if it is with people who are paid to get signatures for ballot measures.

I don't trust either one and the pitches for the ballot measures often don't match the language of the proposed measure itself. I also understand that the measures are often changed to some degree after getting enough signatures to qualify for the ballot. It all stinks and most people buy into the pitch rather than read the proposal for themselves before signing.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 11-11-2012 at 07:28 PM.