View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
I spoke to someone recently who has spent 15 years in prison. She told me that drugs are easier to get in prison than on the outside. She was in prison for stealing Jaguars off the docks as they were being brought into the country. Next time I speak with her I'll as her more about her time in prison. She said she had a hard time getting through the court system to get off of parole because they couldn't find her file or told her the wrong place to go. She's now the manager of a department of a rather large corporation. Very interesting woman, you would never expect her to have been in prison. She is bright, went to private school and had a decent family. I wouldn't think that would be the common criminal.
You just never know who has what colors, and there are people who do learn their lessons.

One of the problems concerning recidivism in the correctional process is that no one wants to hire a convict - sometimes out of good reason and sometimes because of the stain of having a record. Right or wrong, our society is generally not forgiving of those who have "paid their debt to society", some never end paying.

I believe the visual concept of a criminal is a beetle browed knuckle dragging individual with a brick who assaults a man with a wallet.

Charming, articulate, good looking people have it all over everyone else in every way concerning judgment of themselves by others, including the attractive and personable among the criminally inclined.

Particularly if they have money to throw around.

No money, no honey.

Money talks, bullshit walks.

A person with money and an attorney get sprung right away. Those with modest to poverty stricken income get screwed in that respect. Justice is blind, until it comes to the dollar.

Something which comes to mind is the celebrity, unless he is found to be cheating on his wife - something few would pay attention to outside the of family if it was Joe
Schmoe running amuck on a beer budget.

Tiger Woods - is all the criticism because the man is wealthy and has women hanging all over him? Is that some sort of hypocritical social envy judgment by people who would do the same if they were in the same respective boat?

I believe a person will do a lot more time for knocking over a liquor store for a hundred bucks than faceless person who defrauded thousands of people out of millions of dollars over the internet.

And the first one will be locked into a cycle, the other will have easier opportunity to either go legit or renew covert, anonymous criminality.

The old saying is that a lot more people have been robbed with a pen than a gun.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 01-08-2010 at 07:16 PM.