View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 05:21 PM

This is how the prison situation strikes me:

Some of it is a backlash on crime and some of it is about money and power.

I find it hard to believe a person in solitary confinement can run a criminal empire on the outside while being in solitary confinement without some collusion with correctional officers.

Such a person needs to be executed and his uniformed enablers need to do some time in a federal prison far from home

The same for any prisoner who kills another prisoner for any reason in jail. Take 'em out back and cap 'em.

No more life sentences. You get one swiftly addressed appeal, and it's done either way.

Then there's my belief that drugs are just or more available in prison as on the street. There has to be collusion.

The petty stuff or where self interest conflicts with justice

DA's generally get re-elected by their conviction rate. Prosecuting people is a gainful occupation.

So is jail oversight of convicts.

I believe that if it is found that a person is wrongly convicted due to a DA's contrived prosecution or police invention of evidence, those parties should serve double the sentence for the conviction.

Then there's the other crap. Such as: I understand that everything necessary to preside over an Anger Management class can be taught in sixteen weeks.

The court instructs the "school" to drag it out over 52 weeks. More money for the court, more money for the "school". More hassling the "subject" beyond what is necessary to achieve the social goal.

A lot of things need to change, not the least the graft built into the system.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 01-08-2010 at 05:28 PM.