View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 11:49 AM

This is what I call the Robin Hood spread the wealth program that Gov. Brown implemented. The better schools in areas where most often are those that are paying the highest taxes are getting the least amount of funding. It's that 3 tiered funding I wrote about. My school district, which qualifies for the highest funding in Ventura County, is so happy; they're all salivating over each other at the thought of all your tax dollars speeding their way.

What no one does mention is 'What is the incentive to improve the area when poverty pays so well?' With good schools come people with deep pockets to live in the area, but that doesn't bode well with this sort of social engineering. Being poor pays so well in a liberal environment so why would anyone try to kill the goose that laid the golden egg?

I posted about this awhile back. School districts that meet a high percentage of low income give the whole school including EVERY STUDENT free lunch and breakfast no matter what their income. How they justify it is by saying that when a small percentage doesn't qualify, that it cost more to verify those students than it does to just give them the food. We are talking millions to each district.

Most of these students' families already receive food stamps that are suppose to be used to buy 21 meals per person per week. But the schools are providing almost half of the students meals (10) per week for free and it is not deducted from their food stamps.

To see how big of a deal that is, lets say a family of 5, one parent and 4 kids in school. That's 105 meals per week, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Of that 105 meals 50 are being eaten at school, just about half, yet the parent is receiving food stamps to cover 105. This does not include those that also get WIC. And your tax dollars are paying for both programs. There are plenty of ways to double dip.

Last edited by Jeanfromfillmore; 12-10-2013 at 12:04 PM.