Send a private message to ilbegone
Find all posts by ilbegone
Add ilbegone to Your Buddy List
#34 Report Post
Old 10-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Enlistee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjl View Post
He seems to have learned the 'you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours' routine and is using it well.

What amazes me is that private schools cost so much less per student and give a better education. This crap of 'throw more money at the problem and it will be fixed' has been their excuse and solution and used for so long that they actually believe that it's true. But the public is getting tired of hearing it, when there's proof out there that it's not true.

The focus of education today is to coddle the student so that they have a feeling of accomplishment, even if they don't. They're considered good students if they just show up. That skills they learn seems to secondary to their feelings and they expect a good grade no mater what they turn in. Everyone 'owes".
Aceves does appear to be quite the political back scratcher for a racist cause.

There was the comment by a teacher that the only reason Charter Schools work is because they have control over who enrolls and greater control over expulsion, and I suspect that the same is true for private schools.

Gang Banger? Gone.

Too distracted with the party next weekend, that Quinceanera next month, romance and young lust and the general lack of cultural value for education? Don't want to be here? Ditching school? Gone.

The public schools in California have to deal with all of it, as well as non proficient English speakers, as well as the agenda of "teaching" kids that they are "exploited Mexicans" rather than American students. Again, as well as pushing that "you're so special" entitlement crap on all the kids. All to the detriment of education while throwing dollars to the wind.

Chicanista "Aztlan" is running on only three cylinders. Low literacy rates and Latino drop out rates the same as forty years ago in a school system subverted by racist Chicanismo.

Forty years of Chicano studies