View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 04:44 AM

Default Now you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
Me and this guy are on the same page. We've pretty much arrived at the same conclusion(s).

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/...president.html

Know why I stopped bashing Obama a long time ago. Two reasons. One is private and the other is people such as the author of the article.

I'll take one exception that agitates me. The author called Obama black. I like to think of myself as an honest person fundamentally fair and objective. The almost universal practice of referring to Obama is incorrect and disingenuous. He is not "BLACK" which apparently refers to his color, linked to his ethnic affiliation, or the belonging to a certain category of humans, for the most part originating in Africa. He is effectively a Homo Sapiens. Biologically he is a "mixed breed" white mother, black father. Properly he is a mulatto or mestizo, or if you will, to use his own term - a mutt. If he recognizes his genealogy then why do writers have so much trouble being technically accurate.

Back in earlier history the Spanish Conquistadors *( 17Th - 18Th century ) had some 18 categories of mixed breed's in Mexico. Mixes of African Mexican, Asian Mexican, Indigenous Mexican Indian, European Mexican and so on.

The Conquistadors/occupiers of Mexico referred to themselves as either Ibericos or Creoles. Ibericos were Spaniards born on the Iberian Peninsula which is Spain. Creoles were Spaniards born in Mexico.