View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Speaking to sanctimonious hypocrisy, when I lived in Venezuela there was more racism there between the white Venezuelans and coloreds, brown/tan/black, than in the USA. Some/many American blacks certainly carry a chip on their shoulder against Whitey, the Honky. Except when it comes to the women. Lets take OJ Simpson, Michael Jackson, Barack Obama senior, Sammy Davis,Jr., Tiger Woods, Seal *( the British performer married to Heidi Klum) . They certainly had a clear preference for white. What must black women think ? Does anyone ever hear them speak to the issue ?
There is a lot more racism and prejudice in Latin America than than there is here. For example, Mexico, the great "Indianist" nation; the one which greatly revers Indians dead for for five hundred years and pays much lip service to living Indians has no use for Mexican citizens who are culturally Indian rather than culturally Mexican mestizo. Octavio Paz has an interesting interpretation of race and ethnicity in his 1958 book The labyrinth of solitude in the chapter The Sons of La Malinche: [paraphrased] (there are)Those who are mostly white who claim Indian ancestry, [there are] those who are mostly brown who claim to be white, while the Indian doesn't care about it at all. The Mexican, however, denies them both - he doesn't want to be descended from either one, his history begins with himself. I assume he is referring to Martin Cortes, the first mestizo born in Mexico courtesy of Hernan Cortes and Malintzin (La Malinche, "Princess" Marina, etc.) as the first Mexican. And, Mestizo Mexico demands assimilation to Mexican mestizo culture.

Here in America there is more racism and prejudices among and between people with brown skins and Latin American ancestry than is projected towards them by white Americans as a whole. The only thing which could hold those people together is the perception of white racism against them - and they are bombarded daily with hysterical messages of white racism.

The chip on the shoulder is a learned behavior, I'm not sure of it all. It seems that proportionally many who actually lived through the times of being back across the tracks before dark versus those who are youngsters now have less of a chip on the shoulder. Among the brown people, I think it's the victim role that is pushed on them nowadays, among blacks I believe it was the well intentioned yet failed policies of Lydon Johnson's Great Society and the generations of failure which came of it.

The preference of wealthy black male celebrities for white women? There may be a bit of insecure "Hey bro, look at me! I'm bangin' white bitches!" , but who cares? I myself like them all, and I like Mexican women the most. Does that make me some sort of "race traitor" or violator of racial territory? Hey, I'm merely "equal opportunity".

It's my observation that light women want to be darker than their complexion, and dark women want to be lighter. By direct observation (a lot of my work used to be at height with clear back yard view), there are lots of sunbathers in "white" neighborhoods, but you won't see them in "black" or "Mexican" neighborhoods from any angle.

I've spoken with black men about racial issues, I get a wide response of replies - some very unexpected either way. However, the only black woman I have ever heard speak on the subject was some welfare queen in San Bernardino who's residence was the temporary focus of our labor one day. She yelled at us at some length with the phrase "your grandfather sucked on my grandmother's titties" in context to pre civil war slavery in America long before any of our lifetimes clinging the most to my memory of the occasion.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 05-01-2011 at 01:51 PM.