View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Twoller, I am an impromptu kinda guy, so that is pretty much the norm for me. If you listen to the others speak, then watch the council, they pretty much tune the ones out who are reading from a script. My effort was one to engage them a little. The name calling thing was prevalent from the council and the ones like the police chief who were speaking from an official position. they called our neighboring state officials, and the constituency there racists, bigots, etc. Calling them hypocrites was very applicable and deserved in this instance, and I might add, not really showing poor manners as if I called them fools, jackasses, or similar.
On the clothing note....well, we take donations if you want us to represent you a little more esthetically
I'd be happy to oblige. Send me a shirt size and some address and I'll be sure to keep you in mind.

Sorry, but calling people names is always bad manners even when bad manners are being exchanged tit for tat. Best to keep things as sober as possible.

Reading from a script is not the same thing as a preparing a speech. Some of the greatest orations in the history of the world were perpared speeches.

And it's always best to assume the least amount of knowledge on the part of the audience, especially regarding who you are and what you have been up to.

Last edited by Twoller; 06-19-2010 at 08:43 PM.