View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 02:20 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
Firstly, there's nothing hypocritical about her filing bankruptcy. Chelene has represented herself as a "Constitutionalist" and bankruptcy is provided for in Title 1 Section 8.

Secondly, the fact that she can't raise or manage money doesn't mean that she fails to advocate for fiscal restraint. Hell, I support the idea that missed shots from the perimeter should be rebounded and put back in by post players in the paint, but I can't slam dunk a basketball to save my life.

Finally, and most significantly, Nightingale has staked out conservative positions and not wavered from them; at least since any people involved with SOS have known her. Prayer in school, lower taxes, etc. etc. Chelene is in lock-step with the GOP platform.

There's been a good deal of speculation that Chelene would abandon her espoused immigration or gun rights views in a city second if she thought it would draw her more attention or gain her more votes. The reality, however, is that that hasn't happened. She hasn't pulled a McCain or Whitman. She has consistently campaigned with the same messages.

Conspiracy theory marinated screwball? Yes. Shamelessly self-centered? Absolutely. Unreliable friend or associate? An understatement. Inconsistent or flip-flopping conservative. No. That's what the record shows.
It is very hypocritical of Chelene to ask for the feds for protection from her state debts while also relentlessly parroting that she would stand up to the feds on the water issue, immigration and a few others. If the feds shouldn't be allowed to regulate water, what is her reasoning that they should intervene between her contract with a state creditors? I'm not disputing the BK act, but it seems she wants to choose which portions of the constitution to obey, and which to disregard.
I agree that a BK person can still demand fiscal restraint of their government without being hypocritical, but my point was that it goes against the grain of a conservative to waste money on a ridiculous premise when you have none, and your prospects are slim. No self-respecting conservative who cannot manage a mere pittance of their own bank would run off and claim they should be given the keys to the state treasury so they can fix that too. That would be a bit more befitting a liberal.
Chelene has already started to go a little sideways on her immigration stance by stating she would like to make the legal immigration system easier. I don't see how this doesn't follow Megs double speak, and I should mention this bit of inconsistency came shortly after her tour through farmland where she claimed that all the farmers want to hire Americans, but cannot. The second amendment thing has been a useful tool for her. Chelene has no background in the 2nd Amendment field prior to the past few years, and when she ended her hardship walk at the state capitol, no a word was uttered about guns by her. It was WATER, WATER, WATER. The truth is that she tried to weasel her way onto the gun forums around and was immediately outed as dishonest. With no support there, she went crawling back to the Scwhilk types who would stand with her holding a gun for photo ops. The theme I'm propounding here is that she quacks like a conservative, but walks like a con. Real conservatives live the lifestyle.