View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
OK, the leginfo site is still showing this 396 bill as a gun control bill written by Hancock. So I contacted De Leon's office at the capitol, and was informed that this IS a gut and amend bill. The firearms language is out, and new language is in. They said they would email it to me today. She also said they feel that since the courts ruled it unconstitutional, De Leon feels there is no need for a constitutional amendment to strip it out. I disagree...vehemently! A federal court did not issue and order to remove anything from our constitution. It just bars enforcement. Add to that that ruling can still be challenged. We have to fight this.
My apologies, I spaced that the bill tampers with a former ballot measure which became part of the constitution, even though the measure has been invalidated by the courts, my thought was that he was off wasting time on some symbolic bs. The gut and amend shows that he's trying to hide putting his hands in the cookie jar.

It doesn't matter the subject matter of the measure - it needs to be fought. There is a reason for citizen end run around the state government and they're not supposed to be messing with the process.

Senate Bill 396.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 06-05-2014 at 10:22 PM.