View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 08:42 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1 View Post
Well then by all means do apologize to Mr Runner. Just make sure that you make it clear to him that I am not a part of that apology.

If he hadn't opened his mouth as he did nothing would have occurred. Also make sure that he knows that you weren't there. I am sure he will eat it up.

By now Roger has beaten you to the apology table.

Using Castro as an example is a very poor analogy...look at what he went on to do. Better for him to have been denounced immediately.
Realistically an apology should come from me not you...and that ain't happening.
OK, let's use another analogy:

Remember the US embassy take-over in Iran? The US embassy was a guest on their soil. The Iranians tossed out all protocols and went in using their immediate feelings. How well did that work for them in the longrun? Who trusted them after that?
By contrast, take a look at the incident in London where the libyans in their embassy fired on protesters on the street below, killing a female Bobby in the process. The british certainly had every provocation to go in guns blazing by natural standards. They did not however, and followed the protocols befitting their standards and expelled the lot of them after. Then, a few years later, granted airspace to US warplanes as the bombed Tripoli.
I'm asking that we don't become slaves to our emotions.