View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:

Snyder added that he supports legal immigration.

"I think there are people who are against illegal immigration and there's a whole separate group for open borders," he said. "Those people are using my bill as a platform to rail against any immigration law."

Here is another person who thinks that illegal immigration has nothing to do with legal immigration. It is our legal immigration policy that makes illegal immigration possible.

When we start enforcing the laws against illegal immigration, it will become obvious that our legal immigration policies are not being enforced either. Or, we need to crack down on legal immigration as well, especially where it stands in the presence of illegal immigration. Naturalization is also going to be found to be an issue when enforcing laws against illegal immigration. We are going to have to start deporting US citizens who have assumed citizenship and assist in enabling illegal immigration.

It's OK with me if people like this feel obliged to make such declarations about legal immigration as long as they are serious about enforcing laws against illegal immigration. Policing illegals must lead to policing legal immigrants and naturalized citizens too.