View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 07:29 PM

This is a Stephan Wall article, I read it the other day.

Steve used to churn out "downtrodden undocumented immigrant" stories on a fairly regular basis, but I suppose he realizes that's a tough story to rewrite yet another thousand times with unemployment in the general geographical area of his readership approaching 14%.

So, with what I assume is his great yet narrowly focused curiosity about the "Latino world", it is relatively safe to explore word games, to regurgitate such "gems" as this:

Quote:
She said illegal alien conjures up images of people who are criminals. The term is applied to all Latinos in the United States whether they're here legally or not, she said.
"It doesn't just affect undocumented immigrants. It affects all of us," Valdez said.
Elsa isn't merely a sociology professor such as the article suggests - she's part of the taxpayer funded program to turn brown kids at school into racists:

Quote:
For more information about the ethnic studies minor and the half-day symposium, contact Elsa Valdez, CSUSB professor of sociology and ethnic studies coordinator, at (909) 537-5512 http://news.csusb.edu/story_full.asp?articleID=8177
But to be fair, I just now asked Elena (who has first hand adult knowledge of pre civil rights America as first generation with Mexican ancestry born in America) if anyone has ever called her an illegal alien. She said no, not ever, but she's been asked if she's Indian. Why do I ask?

I reply that Elsa Valdez, CSUSB professor of sociology and ethnic studies coordinator said that she (Elena) is constantly confused with being an illegal alien. Elena said that she doesn't know Valdez, and Valdez doesn't speak for her.

Maybe so, but on the other hand maybe Valdez had something to do with turning Elena's son, who attended CSUSB, into a brown racist.

Think Stephen Wall might be curious about that general dark corner of the Latino world?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 01-25-2010 at 07:35 PM.