View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 02:05 PM

Perhaps the anti-illegal immigration movement has confused itself with the border patrol movement. They are not the same thing. Where we have seen private citizens going out to our borders, there are entirely different issues involved. Sometimes there are property issues and somebody has to be in charge of volunteers who show up for these kind of things. They are not anything like showing up for demonstrations. Different kinds of leadership are required.

A similar kind of distinction has to be made between activists in border cities and the rest of us who are only confronting illegal settlements on the interior.

Just making the distinctions between different kinds of activists might do a lot to remove a lot of abrasion between them.

For example I am a very strict illegal immigrants issue oriented voter. The way that a candidate stands on the issue of illegal immigration determines whether they get my vote or not. I do not care to fool around with other issues on the premise they are at the root of illegal immigration. As far as I am concerned the issue starts and ends with illegal immigration and the fact that illegal immigration is an immigration issue is as broad as I care to take it. I might go as far as being concerned with national security and illegal immigration is an international issue, obviously. This is where SOS attracts my attention and for no other reason.