View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 05:27 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
I haven't been around much on this new board. I've been really busy with a lot of deaths in the family, many disasters and a growing feeling that this isn't the place for me and hasn't been for a long time. In the next few days I will be making my way to where ever it is I will be going. I don't care much, except that it's not here.

In looking back, has there ever been a state that so hated and despised its producing citizens? California will not stop punishing taxpayers until there are just no taxpayers left. Here's one more that's leaving.
Kathy,

I'm going to assume that trying to survive financially has gotten much worse for you. You're not alone, there's a lot of that out there, including myself. I don't know everything about your situation, but many of us have seen our incomes dry up, and our opportunities lessen. I wish you the best, and as Jean says, stay in touch here, because California is in perilous straits, but it is still our home, and it cannot live under the rule of financial mismanagement forever. It is my opinion that the struggle over California's future has reached a point where those who believe in financial restraint have made a valiant push to cure it or kill it. Unfortunately I see that as the only way now, and yes, more of us already in the throes of financial meltdown are going to suffer even more. I wish I had some relieving news, but I don't. Not in the short run anyway. I will just point out that if we don't stop it here, it will spread.