View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Glory View Post
Something smells fishy.

Just like the Bishop that was shot in Church.

Can you say DRUGS, boys and girls?
Drugs will be in the background of the attackers at the least, and the police may have been in on it.

I spoke with a Mexican yesterday who's been here since the mid - 70's. He said "You just can't go to Mexico anymore". He said that he bought some property there to retire on, but he might have to give it up. He's afraid to return.

Another Mexican told me his brother, who owns an avocado farm and actually is quite wealthy, pays out a bundle in protection money. A lot of his brother's neighbors have simply disappeared, the assumption being that they didn't pay up or otherwise offended the narcos. He added that there was a lot of kidnapping for ransom, and it's now affecting ordinary people.

Some years ago, I asked a Mexican woman about la mordida, civil "servant" shakedown of the powerless or compensation for looking the other way.. She replied that it would never end, there was no hope for reform, that is was the base reason behind all the others why so many Mexicans come to the US.

And that was before the killing started.

This last week I was seriously thinking that we need to get out of Iraq and into Mexico.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 01-02-2010 at 08:17 AM.