View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
Illegal immigration has nothing to do with race. This is the easiest fraud to debunk anywhere. Language is the first level of observation, not race. Inability in English should always arouse the suspicion that the speaker is an illegal. English speaking illegals are always a little tougher. The toughest ones are going to be Canadians who to all appearances and habits might as well be the result of several generations of US citizenship.
Why don't you ask Armando Navarro (foaming at the mouth UCR ethnic studies professor) if illegal immigration has anything to do with race? Some people, at times including you, go way out of the way to make it about race.

How would you "debunk" it? And to which audience will you be speaking?

Mexico has 500 years of race and culture issues, as well as nearly 200 years of real and trumped up grievances and suspicions concerning America and "gringos". Ya think there are far fetched conspiracy theories in America? Mexico is the king of popular conspiracy theory, it seems the more outlandish the story the more believable it is, and that can extend to immigration issues as well as anything else.

A couple of weeks ago a Mexican (national) waitress asked me why I was reading La Opinion. I replied "so I can see what kind of pinche guero racist I am from one day to the next". I said that racism is racism, and just because it is printed in Spanish doesn't preclude it from being a racist message. White or brown, racism is racism. She agreed with what I said, and further commented "Not everyone thinks like you".

My belief concerning La Opinon is that it is a racist whiner rag with all the attributes of Weekly World News except for the fact that people who have limited knowledge of Americans (even after thirty years and more in the US) actually believe that crap. You think you're pissed off now? Your head would explode if you read the shit pretend Mexicans (similar to the Nativo Lopez mentality) masquerading as "journalists" write for real Mexicans to read.

Why don't you write a letter to La Opinion debunking race and immigration? List your real name, address, and phone number.

And explain the Canadian use of "eh" and the rest of the "Canadianisms" which Americans don't say, their various Canadian accents, and the fact that there are many centuries of French speaking Canadians who don't speak any English at all.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 11-26-2010 at 12:34 PM.