View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 06:09 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in LA View Post
I'm not leaving, I just bought a house (I have no mortgage) and I love it. I can't pull my kids out of school either, it would be bad for them. Plus where would I go? What would I do?
I Moved to California from Chicago, and I'm not going back to Illinois, Property taxes in Illinois are sky high, and most people I know are not working.

For me the entertainment industry is really tanking, Lots of people including myself are out of work,which is really strange for December.

California is really going to get difficult, and if it suffers we're probably going to suffer with it. What scares me is as California's tax revenues drop Sacramento keeps coming after us for more money, and they keep grabbing power as more and more people get on some form of aid. I feel trapped as this happens.

I know the state and National debts will continue, it's unstoppable until things finally collapse. We'll all just have to live through this instability as the State and National debts skyrocket, and as the government grabs more and more to protect it's self, and then have to survive the aftermath of the collapse as well.

We've already been living through 4 years of recession and I don't see any end to it.

I feel trapped as this accident unfolds, I want to escape it, but escape to where? North Dakota or Montana?
The Dakotas are miserably cold, and Montana is only slightly better. There's no gettin' around a fight for your living standard here in the US. But you can start to learn how best to live in the area you are. Your goals will be set at a level of livability as opposed to a raging success. Just plan for 6 months of living off the grid, and keep that gomonths ahead of you at all times. You'll get better at it as you go, and soon you won't notice it. Some of the fear will subside then.
when you say "entertainment industry" what is that?